Sunday, February 28, 2010

Rodeo Parade


Yesterday morning we headed to downtown Houston to watch the Rodeo Parade! It's a kickoff for the rodeo here that will last about a month. They have a rodeo every night of the week and then a different person/group perform a concert afterwards. People like Keith Urban, Rascal Flatts, Alan Jackson, Black Eyed Peas, Justin Bieber, and many more come! Joe and I haven't decided which concert we want to go to. My first choice is Keith Urban but he comes on a Tuesday and we wouldn't get to see much of the rodeo because we wouldn't get there until at least 7:30 because of work. So, we'll see who we end up going to see. Anyways, Serena, Dave, and Maggie met us down there and we watched it together. Maggie looked so cute in her little denim dress with leggings, pigtails, and pink sunglasses. She had her little lawn chair and sat right on the front row mesmerized. First of all, I have never been to a parade in the month of February before! That's just unheard of in Utah. Second of all, I have never seen some of the things in any parade I had been to before this one! The battery in the camera was dying but I did take a few pictures. I wish I could have taken more. You can look for yourself to see if you notice anything different. Some pictures are normal things you might see though.

At the beginning of the parade they had none other than the Fightin' Texas Aggie Band! Joe stood with pride as they passed.=)

Later followed the Core Cadets from A&M on horseback
Mexican Cowboys
Mexican Cowgirls

Black Cowboys

Black Cheerleaders

Pooper Scoopers

This high school band had some funk in their march!=) These were the march leaders.

A couple things reminded me of my brother Joseph. This was one because look at how little that kid is and he's riding that huge horse! Joseph would do something like that with his kid=)

The donkeys were the second thing that reminded me of him!=) That's the nickname I gave him a while ago, so whenever I see one I think of him!=)

Joe and Maggie! So CuTe!

Joe and me! I sported my cowboy hat and Joe wore his boots!

2 comments: