Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentines Weekend


Joe and I decided that since Valentines day is officially on Sunday, that we are going to celebrate it all weekend=) After all, it is our first Valentines Day as a married couple and actually our first together! I wanted to surprise Joe and do something fun and romantic, so I had to do it on Friday when he came home from work because he's home Saturday and Sunday. Of course, he came home early (around 4:15) instead of around 6:00 like normal. I just went with it though and made the necessary changes I needed to. Luckily he called and told me he was coming home early! I wanted to have dinner ready and everything but it was too early. When he walked in I heard him giggle and when he found me the first thing he said was "Well, I guess you're gonna be the one cleaning up this mess?" Then he laughed. Not the most romantic thing he could have said but hey, it made me laugh! I had to turn on lights to get decent pictures. It was much more romantic with the lights off, but you get the gist.


It turned out better than the pictures show. It was fun to surprise him. I made dinner and we had a wonderful evening watching the opening ceremony of the Olympics. I made cookies, and even got Joe to help me decorate them. He was so cute, and we had a lot of fun. He was not enthusiastic about me taking a picture of him frosting cookies though=)


I made Dad's Roquefort Pear Salad. Yum!



For dinner I made porkchops with mushroom gravy, brown rice, corn and cabbage. It was pretty tasty!

Tiff gave me this recipe for Sugar cookies and they were fabulous!!!


Here are the finished products! Since cookies aren't exactly healthy, we have to get rid of them so we're going to take them to some neighbors and ward members.

2 comments:

  1. You're so good. I ate all of our sugar cookies..ALL of them! I have loved watching the Olympics this weekend! They are so wonderful. Glad you guys had a great Valentines. Your brother was so sweet to me this year! I'll post all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That meal looks amazing! Such a Griffin thing to take pictures of our meals! :) I am seriously craving sugar cookies! I am definitely making them this week!

    ReplyDelete