Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Valentines Weekend Cont.


Here's the rest of what we did for Valentine's Day Weekend!.........
On Saturday morning we went to Costco to get a few things. Let me give you a little background for this first picture........Joe has these flipflops that he ALWAYS wears that I hate! I know it's petty, but I would just prefer that he wears shoes...... especially now when it's cold. I can understand flip flops in the summer. I just feel like they make him look sloppy. Anyways, so on Saturday before we left he had his flip flops on and I begged him to please wear shoes. I finally got him to change his shoes and when I came out to the living room I found that he had replaced the flips flops I hate, but he had added something else to his outfit!=)

I just laughed and didn't say anything about him taking it off. Look at the little smirk on his face. He will do anything he can to get under my skin sometimes! The funny part is I would rather he wear this hat than his flip flops! I may be a weirdo, but I can't help it! He told me he's gonna start making me wear high heels everywhere we go to get back at me!=) ha ha! Needless to say, when we pulled in to Costco he switched this hat for another one he had in his truck and I didn't have to walk around with Captain Joe Joe=)

We have tried to cut back on the number of times we eat out a week. We have been doing pretty well with only eating out once a week. It gives us a chance to get out and it gives Joe something to look forward to all week. This week he chose to go to Joe's Crabshack. He got a pot and I got salmon. I just had to get a picture of him with his man bib on=) After dinner we came home and watched the NBA Slam Dunk contest.

On Saturday night Joe surprised me with flowers, fabulous chocolates, and a sweet card with tickets to the Jazz/Rockets game on Tuesday!!!! The red bag is a bag of goodies and a card that I got him. It was my first Valentine's day where the man I was with acknowledged the holiday. It was perfect! I'm so blessed to have found this wonderful man. I never dreamt that someone so wonderful really existed and that I would be able to find him. Looking back, there is NO doubt in my mind that Heavenly Father led us to each other. There was no coincidence with timing, and being at the right place at the right time. I just want Joe to know how much I love and appreciate him. He's a hard worker, yet he doesn't bring his work home with him. He loves adventure and doing new things together. He has a sweet soft side, and he's always reaching over to feel my arm or my face in the middle of the night to make sure I'm there. He won't go to bed until I go with him, and he always includes me in everything. We have fun joking and teasing one another, and he always finds a way to make me laugh. He would do anything for me, and I can feel how much he loves me. I love you so much babe! Thank you for a wonderful weekend!

On Sunday I made a mini Thanksgiving dinner. Cornish game hens, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and peas. YUM!

This is the only picture I took of the pretty flowers Joe got me! So SWEET!! xoxox

1 comment:

  1. Ah! This is so sweet! I am so glad Joe takes such good care of you! His hat is hilarious!!! I will never forget when I was down there and he was playing Rock Band and we got distracted and he came and put his leg on you! Ha ha! Your blog always makes me hungry! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete