Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Day

Joe was really excited for Christmas this year. We had fun buying and secretly wrapping each others gifts. Wednesday before Christmas we went to the dollar store to buy things for each others stockings. We had a six dollar limit! It was fun trying to dodge one another, and hard to try and find something the other might actually like. When we got home Joe told me that I had better fill his stocking in the night like Santa. I told him I would if I woke up in the night. So, Christmas morning came and I hear Joe wake up and go in the bathroom. My eyes flew open and I jumped out of bed because I hadn't woken up in the night and filled his stocking. I grabbed the bag of stuff and ran out into the living room. Sure enough, there was my stocking all filled and placed on the coffee table. I was hurrying so quickly to fill it before he got out of the bathroom, but I was too slow. The next thing I hear is Joe jokingly but loudly telling me from the doorway "Yeah... My stocking isn't filled! YOU'RE A FAKE SANTA!!!!" and he shut the bedroom door! I busted up laughing and he was laughing too when I ran in our room to apologize. I will have to be better next year. I guess I will have to set an alarm or something. He made us a wonderful breakfast and we read the Christmas story in Luke and then opened our presents.
Dont mind my hair=) I showered and got my hair dried and curled, and then
Joe couldn't wait any longer!

My dad got Joe a shagbag to pick up his golf balls when he practices putting.

My mom got all the girls these hoodies in different colors from American Eagle.
  • Every year the kids and their spouses all put their names in a bowl and draw names for the Christmas gift exchange. My sister had me, so she had to send it to Texas. She got me these really cute bands for my interchangeable watch, The Forgotten Carols video, and some yummy chocolates. Thanks Tiff!

2 comments:

  1. OK- You guys are so cute! I still remember my first married Christmas and it was so fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could totally picture that all happening as I read your story! So funny. I remember last year I was so excited to fill Dallin's stocking, so I got up and did it in the middle of the night. When we woke up the next morning and he say it, he said, "Oh no, I totally forgot a stocking for you!" He felt so bad, but I didn't care. :)

    ReplyDelete