Monday, December 28, 2009

Our First Christmas


Well, It's hard to believe that Christmas has come and gone. Joe and I were able to spend our first christmas together. We talked about how weird it is to think back to last Christmas, and know that we hadn't even crossed paths. We met, dated, got engaged, and were married.....all within the last year. We have both truly been blessed this past year. I feel so blessed to have found Joe. It took me many more years than the rest of my siblings, but I am so thankful that he finally walked into my life. I had so much fun with him this Christmas season. We went Wednesday evening to look at Christmas lights, and we had so much fun blasting the music and singing along to our favorite Christmas songs. We both laughed so hard when we passed this in someone's yard! Instead of the regular "Ho! ho! ho!" it was......
We were able to see some homes that were decorated really nicely. I didn't take too many pictures but here was one that I got a picture of.
Christmas Eve Joe made a request that I make a special Christmas dinner since we would be in Palestine for Christmas day. We were both craving turkey so we made our first turkey with all the fixins'! We did end up having a little argument over if we were going to put the stuffing in the turkey (like he grew up with) or just making it and leaving it on the stovetop (like I grew up with). We ended up making it both ways, and we both tried each others'. I will admit that his was very good.=) All in all we had fun and were able to share a great meal together.

After dinner Joe was so excited for us to open our Christmas Eve gifts.

He bought us some really nice bathrobes. It is one of the softest
things
I have ever felt!

1 comment: