Monday, December 21, 2009

Home Sweet Home!


Many of our family and friends have been asking to see pictures of our apartment. So, I woke up this morning and was able to get my cleaning done, as I went around to each room in our apartment and took pictures. The best part is that my cleaning is now done, and I'm able to show you where we live!=) We have the basic necessities, and little by little we will continue to decorate and hang things on the walls. Taking pictures really helped me see just how bare our walls really are. We are still waiting for our cd of pictures of the wedding, but we should be getting that soon, and we'll have more pictures to hang! Well, here's a little tour of where Joe and I call home.

This is our front door and coat closet. When you enter the apartment, right in front of you is the dining area.
Right about where I'm standing is a computer cranny.
















computer cranny














This is what you see when you walk
through the front door.We have that entire wall where the table is to decorate. Any ideas?











When you walk through the dining area, we have our living room area on the left, and our kitchen to the right.














We got Joe his recliner while mom and dad were here....from Costco=) He loves sitting in that chair.








Here's our first Christmas tree together. We never used bows on our tree growing up, but Joe was sweet about buying them and showing me how his family used to decorate with bows. We also discovered LED lit ribbon and tree topper bow. I couldn't capture the full effect in a picture, but it's really pretty.
























It's a pretty spacious kitchen. Just perfect for cooking for two, and a few guests at times=)

































Past the kitchen is our bedroom
















This is my dresser. I love the big mirror, and believe it or not, every single drawer is filled! This is at the foot of our bed. Joe's dresser is in our closet.









The door right there in front is the entrance of our bedroom, then we have our closet, and bathroom.













I need some sort of art or something over the towel rack, but I love the brown and green together in our bathroom! The green is richer in person.

















Both of our bathrooms have these big garden tubs to shower in (or take a bath=)).
I love them!









This is our closet. Not as big as my last one... but I managed to fit most everything. There's also a little cranny on the left that has Joe's dresser.


















Ok, so now I'm standing back at the front door. Instead of heading straight, (into the dining area) to the left is this hallway. Those doors on the right are where the washer and dryer are. The door on the left is the guest bathroom, and straight ahead is the guest bedroom.











I love this bathroom. I love the art above the toilet that Aunt Vicki got us, and I just love the colors together. I originally bought a red shower curtain to go in here, but it just didn't look right. Joe had to let me do the decorating on my own because he got frustrated at the stores when I would take forever to decide what I wanted. And, I would buy things (like the red shower curtain) and when I put it all together, decide I didn't like it and I would return it and try again. It gave me something to do though, and I love how it turned out.









This is the guest bedroom.





































This is the foot of the bed. Guests even get their own little Christmas tree=)










Now you've seen where we live! We hope that many of you will get to see it in person. Your room is waiting=)



2 comments:

  1. Ah! So cute! I love it! I can't wait to come and sleep in that big ol' bed! I'm so glad you posted it! Makes me feel a little closer to you! :) Love you Dillan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom was right, your apartment is AMAZING! You are quite the decorator. I can't wait to come cozy in that spare bedroom when we can visit!

    ReplyDelete