Thursday, January 31, 2013

A DAY AT A TIME


September 2012

 I have been seeing my doctor every week.  I am extremely grateful for him. He is the type of doctor that takes extra precautions and would rather be "safe than sorry" and that is EXACTLY what I need right now.  He does an ultrasound every week, just to check things and is always so kind whenever I have any questions.  As of now, the plan is that I will have my cerclage put in at 11 weeks.  Usually it's done around 14 weeks but since I lost our last baby at 15 weeks he wants to do it early.  So, my surgery is scheduled for October 3rd.  That's 3 days before my birthday!  At 16 weeks he said I will start weekly progesterone shots, and at 20 weeks I will most likely be on bedrest.  I'm not really thrilled about that, but at this point I will do anything to get this baby here!   Our goal is to at least make it to 24 weeks( if anything were to happen then, there is at least a chance the baby could survive with a lot of medical help).   I'm praying we make it to that point, and well beyond.   I'll get a steroid shot at 26 and then 32 weeks to help the baby's lungs mature early in case anything should happen and he or she came early.   After that our goal is 28 weeks, 32, 36, and so on.  So, it sounds like he has a great plan laid out.  I feel really confident in his abilities as an OB and I feel like we will be eternally indebted to Heavenly Father, and to Dr. Cook if this all turns out okay.  It seems like I have a long road ahead of me, but I'm just trying to take it day by day, and week by week.

On the flip side,  I have been feeling SO nauseous!  It's not as bad as my first pregnancy with the twins where I was throwing up all day every day and couldn't even keep a popsicle down, but it's no picnic either!  I feel better when I lie down, so any chance I get that's where I am!  Luckily I'm only working 3 days a week, and I have a big break during the day while the kids are at school to just go home and lie down. The only things that I can keep down are applesauce, graham crackers, TOAST(that's pretty much mostly what I eat) and oddly enough, eggs. I'll eat scrambled eggs for breakfast, and then a fried egg on toast for dinner most days.  I'm exhausted physically, and emotionally.  This is my 3rd time going through the first trimester in the last year and a half and I feel like I've been sick more than I havent.  It has really made me grateful for the good health that I do have when I'm not pregnant.  Feeling sick really gets my spirits down, and I can't imagine having to live like that all day every day of my life.  I told Joe "this may be our only kid because I don't think I can go through this again." He gets so bored when I'm sick because I never feel like doing anything but lying down.  I don't cook, I barely manage the laundry, and hardly vacuum, dust or clean anything.  The quality of life goes down for both of us. He said that this might be my only pregnancy because he doesn't know if HE can handle it again!  Ha ha!=) No really though, he is very loving and supportive and does the best he can to juggle work, his calling, a miserable wife and dirty apartment.  I'm anxiously awaiting the 12 week mark hoping that all goes well with the baby, and also hoping that the nausea will start to ease up.
9 Weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment