Friday, May 20, 2011

Making Memories

When Julie and Anthony were here over Easter they planned a trip to the beach with her family. Since we are close with the Wilson's because they are in our ward , they invited us to tag along. We went to Surfside and I have never seen the waves there so big! The wind was crazy strong and you could just feel the salt in the air. (Some of my pictures are blurry because of the humid, salty air.) When we got there the guys went to work cleaning a space for the beach mat and chairs, and the moms went to work putting sunblock on the kiddos.It was so great to see Addie and Jack. They are more and more grown up each time we see them. It's kinda sad. Kids grow up too fast.
I sat there and just watched Addie for a while. She just made me laugh! She was terrified of the water at first. She hated when the seaweed would touch her feet. She would stand far away and when the tide would come in she would take off running.
Like this!......=) So funny!
My Joe, and Julie's brother Joe got adventurous and went out into the huge waves to boogie board. They both ate it a few times and got covered by the huge waves, but they did pretty well! I was too chicken.

The kids had so much fun playing in the sand. They had cute little shovels and buckets and they were so entertained. Jack is such a cutie!

Julie got to spend some time with Emma and her other nieces and nephews that live here. Emma is my friend Melissa's little girl that helped at the shower. She is also Julie's niece=)

Joe Joe is Emma's little brother. They are such cute kids and they're so sweet! We have loved getting to know them.
Of course the biggest kid of them all couldn't help but get in on some fun in the sand!=) He LOVES spending time with the kiddos. He was excited about the shovel he purchased. He kept breaking the plastic ones, so he got a heavy duty one=)

Addie loves her Uncle Joe.
Emma and her cousin JD were brave and allowed Joe to bury them up to their necks.
Anthony, Julie and the kiddos. Too bad this one is so blurry!



Addie finally sat in this chair towards the end and would keep her feet in the water when the tide would come up. So cute!

We had so much fun! I have really grown to love the beach. It's such a relaxing getaway. I didn't think I would say this, but I really have grown to love some things about Texas. I have actually loved that it's warm so much out of the year. We spend so much time outside. I have grown somewhat accustomed to the humidity and the heat. I have just learned to go to the pool or the beach when it's hot. I can't complain about being able to do that, now can I?=)

No comments:

Post a Comment