Thursday, June 2, 2011

Lions, and Tigers, and Bears, OH MY!

I have lived here for about a year and half and have never been to the Houston Zoo..... until a couple of weeks ago! The weather was awesome several weeks ago on a Saturday so we decided it was a good day to check that off of our "to do list in Houston." I think everyone decided it was a good day for the zoo because it was packed!! Parking was a joke. We had to drive around forever and I told Joe to just forget it, but he stuck it out. He almost got in a fight with some jerk over a parking spot that we clearly were close to and had a signal on before he did. Luckily it just came down to Joe laying on the horn, pulling up so close I thought he was going to hit him, and giving the dude the "stare down"=) ha ha! Situations like that always make me nervous=) Luckily they don't happen too often.

I always love watching Joe freak out when he sees a snake! He HATES them! I was shocked that he actually went in this exhibit. If we ever have a live encounter with any sort of snake, you can bet that before I know it, Joe will be off running in the opposite direction. Possibly screaming like a woman=)
We saw this cool white alligator. Joe loves the show Swamp People and loves "gators"
Gotta love the Rhinos
I don't think Joe was too enthused about me taking this picture! Ha ha! At least he was a good sport=)
One of my favorites!... The giraffe! I could watch them for hours. While we were watching them I noticed a board they had with information about giraffes and would say to Joe "do you know why the giraffe's tongue is black?" "No" "So it doesn't get sunburned." After a few like that he said "Are you reading this stuff from somewhere?!" I guess he knew I didn't really know all those facts about giraffes=)

Little Chicks that were hatching. So Cute!
You know you're in Texas when the sign says "Y'all"

I've always like the flamingos for some reason. They intrigue me.
Not sure what animal this was.

After the zoo we walked over to this little lake they have at Hermann Park and took a ride on the paddle boats! Pretty fun! I love this picture with the waterfall and skyscraper in the background. That park is so pretty!


We had a really fun day! Thanks to a wonderful husband and some great weather!




No comments:

Post a Comment