Monday, May 2, 2011

Jillian's Baby Shower

One of my good friends here and her husband moved into our ward about a year ago and are about to have their first child. Jillian and Jason. They are the couple we went to race go karts with a few posts ago. They are both from Utah and it's pretty rare in our ward to find a couple without kids, so we instantly bonded. Melissa is Julie's sister-in-law and she and I became good friends when she moved into our ward. The three of us have gone to lunch several times and just have a blast whenever we're together. Melissa mentioned several months ago that we should throw Jillian a baby shower, so we invited lots of gals from the ward and had it at Melissa's home. It turned out really cute, and we had so much fun!

Jillian's nursery theme is baby blue and white with silver stars as an accent. So, we just went with those colors and stars as the theme. This was the room where everyone ate. The centerpiece was something Melissa had seen done before, where people write advice for the mommy to be and hang it from the branches. I made little stars with ribbon and it turned out cute. There's a picture further down where there are stars hanging from it.
Melissa is a little Martha Stewart! She made these cute side centerpieces, which were also the thank you gifts. They are star cookies on a stick!! I went over a couple days before to help her decorate the cookies and we had so much fun! I didn't have a steady enough hand to do the outlining, so I filled in the blue part and she wrote on them after they were dry. So cute!

The letters are in silver so you can't really see it but the sign says "it's a boy" that I made from different scrapbook paper and chipboard letters and then threaded ribbon through them. It turned out really cute! Better in person=)
The shower was from 10-11:30 so we had fruit, parfaits, mini muffins, and Melissa made mini quiche that were fabulous! The little girl is her daughter, Emma.


This is the mommy-to-be
The three girls! Melissa is also pregnant! I may look big enough to be pregnant but I'm not!=) Looking at this picture, that shirt I wore isn't the cutest=) These two girls have really been great! It took me a long time to find some great friends, and it's made it a lot easier and more fun having them in my life!
Emma was our little helper! She answered the door, wrote several cute little advice cards. (telling Jillian she should name her baby Emma, and how much she loves babies) So cute! We loved having her there!

I was the scribe, so I didn't remember to take pictures of the presents and Jillian opening them, but she got lots of cute stuff and we had a great turn out! She's getting induced next week so I'm so excited to see the little guy!

4 comments:

  1. That shower looks amazing! I'm hungry just looking at the pics and I LOVE your It's a Boy sign!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got that idea from you! From Grayson's name hanging on his crib. You're my inspiration=) Sorry that I copy all your cute ideas=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO cute Dillan! That fruit basket is pretty dang awesome!

    ReplyDelete