Sunday, January 16, 2011

New Years Eve

I forgot to post about New Years Eve! We have some good friends from our ward that don't have kids either so we decided we should ring in the new year together! Joe and Jason both had received gift cards to Chilis so we decided to go there for dinner. Afterwards, they came back to our apartment and we switched between Dick Clark's New Years Rockin' Eve, and NBC's New Years Eve show with Carson Daly. Joe claimed that it's because Jason, Jillian, and I are all from Utah that we like to watch those shows=)

It was the first little party we had hosted and I wanted to use my little fondu pot shaped like a hershey's kiss. I had strawberries, pound cake, and marshmallows to dip in the chocolate, and then we also made queso for tortilla chips. They brought 3 bottles of Martinelli's Sparkling Cider and it turned into a funny story! They put 2 bottles in our fridge and left one on the counter. Well, around midnight the boys went to pour the cider into little champagne glasses that they had also brought, and after the countdown we cheered and toasted and started drinking our cider. After a few minutes Jillian said "Did you guys pour the bottle that we left on the counter? This is warm!" So much for putting the two bottles in the fridge! We had warm cider=) ha ha ha! It's good either way, but we laughed and said "leave it to the guys!"=) Here's a picture of us right after midnight!
On New Years Day James, Shelby, and Grayson came over to watch the Rose Bowl. Joe introduced me to a new tradition that's popular here. He said you're supposed to eat black eyed peas for good luck and something green to have a prosperous year. The grocery stores were stocked up with bags of fresh black eyed peas and huge boxes of cabbage! So, Joe cooked some up some black eyed peas for everyone and he and Shelby loved them! We had celery on our relish plate so I guess that counts for our something green=)
Last year Joe fell asleep around 9, and I was upset because I had never had someone to kiss on New Years Eve before and I finally did and HE WAS ASLEEP!!!=) In his defense he didn't know, but this year he made sure he was awake=) Thanks babe!=)

1 comment:

  1. heck yeah I liked those Black Eyed Peas!! And I can't wait to see what good luck they bring me this year!!!!

    ReplyDelete