Thursday, January 27, 2011

Aggie Basketball

Last weekend James, Joe, and I headed to College Station to watch the Aggie basketball game! The game started at one and there's no way Joe would ever be late to such an occasion so we left our house at 9:45!! Shelby and Grayson were away visiting Shelby's sister so it was a fun little break from studying for James while they were gone. Friday night I finally broke down and bought an Aggie T-shirt. Joe was so happy!=) I know I didn't go to the school, but my husband, his family, and it seems like over half the population here did.......so it was time for me to support my husband and represent his team=)


Before the game we stopped to get lunch at a place that James recommended called Laynes. It's the perfect little college town place to eat. It's one of those places where you walk in and order (It's either chicken strips, or a chicken sandwich, fries, and sides like potato salad) and then you just pick a table and have a seat and enjoy! I must say that they were the best chicken fingers I have ever had!
This is what we got. I must say that I didn't really get the whole toast thing, so I gave my piece to Joe and he seemed shocked that I didn't want it! So, I told him I would just take one bite and he could have the rest. After that bite.....I got it! It was the best Texas Toast I've ever had! I still gave it to Joe though because he loves it! Their potato salad was great too!

After lunch we drove around campus for a bit so the boys could see what was new since they've been gone. It was fun to see the buildings they used to have classes in. Then, we headed to the game!
I must say that I like their court. The guys in white are called "yell leaders." They lead the students in cheers throughout the entire game! I can't remember what was going on here. There are a couple songs the aggies always sing before sporting events. I really need to learn the words so I don't look like a fool=) ha ha!
This was funny! Our seats were right next to one of the student sections and when they were introducing the other team's players the students all have newspapers and pretend to be preoccupied with reading it=) Then they wad them up and throw them.

This was the student section on the opposite end. They all wear white for basketball. I wanted a maroon shirt. Now I don't fit in! Oh well=)
I think this was the end of the first half. The Aggies had a ton of turnovers, but they won it in the end! Thank Heavens!=) I wouldn't have wanted Joe to be upset on the hour and a half drive home=) ha ha!
The Three Amigos!=) We had a blast! Way to Go Aggies!!!



2 comments:

  1. Your Aggie shirt is awesome!!!!! and maroon will be PERFECT for football season! James said y'all had a really good time . . . even though you had to take a little "break" for him a the Med School - at least it wasn't a bridge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute in those pics! I kind of always wish I went to a school where sports were that huge. At UVU...not so much. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete