Sunday, August 8, 2010

Joseph Robert Berg


So, I have decided to do something that my sister-in-law (Brittany) has done on her blog. Whenever it's someone's birthday in her family she writes a little bit about that person and why she loves them. Joe's birthday was on August 5th and I know it's a few days late but I wanted to share a few reasons why I love him so much.
There are so many things I love about Joe. I mean just look at that cute little face! What's not to love? He has taught me so many things over the past 18 months that we've known each other. He's the kind of guy I always hoped I would marry, and I can't believe he's really mine! Sometimes I feel like I need to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming=) I love so many things about him, but I will just mention a few.

1) He is always making me laugh! Sometimes after work when we're cuddled up on the couch he will just start doing the most random things to make me laugh. He's been known to act like a puppy, talk in funny voices, pretend my arm is an ear of corn and proceed to pretend to put butter, salt and pepper, and then munch up and down my arm like he would a cob of corn. I mean who does that? =) I can't help but crack up every time! Joe is a little kid at heart and I'm thankful for that.
2) He hates going to bed without me. I think this is so cute! If he's ready to go to bed but I'm not, he will come to wherever I am and sit there and wait for me. He says "I'm not going to bed without my wife." (most of the time I am considerate of him and will head to bed shortly after)
3) He is one of the most selfless people I know. He is always doing sweet things like bringing home flowers, or turning down the bed for me, or helping me with dinner and the dishes. There have been several times where he's done laundry, ironing, and cleaning after he's been at work all day and he'll tell me "now everything's done so that you can enjoy your day off tomorrow." Not many guys would do that!
4)He loves adventure! It's hard sometimes for him to just sit at home. He loves to be out doing things! He loves planning activities or vacations for us. After a while of dating I told him it was getting hard to keep up with him financially because of all the fun things he was planning.=) Snowmobiling, Moab, Jet Skiing, Camping, and the list goes on and on. He would ask me if I'd ever done this, or seen that and if I said no, he was planning when we would do it! I love that he works hard, but he also plays hard!
5)He's so good with children! Sometimes I just watch him in awe when he's around children. He just has a way with them that makes them feel loved. When we go to visit his nieces and nephew or even visiting people in the ward who have children, he loves playing with them and getting them to laugh and have fun. At a primary activity we had, this little boy just clung to him and didn't want anybody else to hold him. When Joe put him down to help pass out cookies he just started bawling! I know he's going to be an amazing father one day.
6)He loves the gospel! Having someone who is by my side at church every Sunday, and who I get to serve in the primary with, and read scriptures with, and go to the temple with, has been such a wonderful blessing for me. Having dated less active or inactive members before and longing to have what I have with Joe, I can honestly say that it's so much better having someone who's on the same page and who helps me want to be a better person.
7)He's so knowledgeable! I am amazed at the things he does for work on a day to day basis. He's juggling all these projects at one time and he's doing a really great job! Not only that, but it seems like he has had every job under the sun and whenever I have questions or something needs to be fixed, he knows what to do or he can figure out what to do! He's my little handy man=) I'm sure one day when we have a home that I will get to see how talented he really is!=)
8)He's an incredible husband! I have never been treated so well, and felt so loved by anyone more than I do with Joe. He is always telling me how much he loves me and how much he appreciates me, and he doesn't just say it, he shows me! He works so hard to provide for us and when he gets home he's always there for me as my husband and friend. I also love that he loves to do things with me and includes me in almost everything!
9)He's a clean, organized person! Joe makes it so easy to live with him=) He keeps things clean and organized and I rarely have to clean up after him. I'm thankful for his parents making him do chores every Saturday, and teaching him to be clean=)
10) He loves his family! I love how much he loves his family. He would do anything for any one of them. He's very supportive and loves to hang out and spend time with them! It's been so good for me to have them, since I'm away from my family. We have had a lot of good times and wonderful memories and there are many more to come.

There are so many more things I could say, but I'll end with ten! The longer we're married the deeper my love and appreciation for my husband grows. I'm so glad that Heavenly Father led him into my life and that Joe never gave up on me. I couldn't have married a more wonderful person! I love you babe, and I hope you had a wonderful birthday!

2 comments:

  1. You are way better at this than I am...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I was beginning to wonder if I have ever met your husband! JK! Couldn't agree more! Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete