Saturday, April 10, 2010

Gardening/ James' visit

Joe and I had been talking about planting some veggies in planters out on our balcony. I was at Walmart yesterday and saw the topsy turvy tomato planter and bought it. When Joe got home from work we ran some errands and I told him I had bought the planter so we headed to Home Depot to get a plant. James spent the night with us last night because the he and Joe and Anthony went fishing early this morning. I cut his hair and then he went to the patio to find Joe planting away. That boy can never rest if there's something to be done. I was just going to do it today while they were fishing, but he wanted to get it done. Here are some pictures of our garden=) If Joe had his way, he would have planted corn somehow=) We wouldn't look ghetto at all!=)

getting the plant in the right way before they can put the dirt on the top
Joe planting the peppers and green onions

I was still wearing my smock from cutting James' hair. We got all the plants watered. Now we just pray they'll grow and produce.
We bought a tomato plant that was already pretty big and potted hoping it will produce fruit soon!
This is where the planters are. We planted different kinds of peppers in the one on the right, and used seeds to plant green onions in the other one. We're hoping to have some of the ingredients for fresh salsa.

We had a lot of fun shopping for what we were going to plant. It's so much fun doing things like this together. I'm really excited to watch everything grow! My family has planted a garden for as long as I can remember so I'm excited to get to do a little of it with Joe. We look forward to having a house one day where we have plenty of yard to grow a big garden.

James getting his haircut. It was so cute cause Joe wanted him to feel like he was getting a real barber experience (in our kitchen) so he got some toilet paper and wrapped it around James' neck before putting the cape on then he folded the edges over. I didn't grab my camera fast enough to take a picture.

Before bed the boys played a little mario kart. It's so fun for me to see Joe having so much fun with his siblings. I love watching them whenever any of them get together. We loved having you James!

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha! I love you guys garden! I have thought about doing that same thing but our patio gets 0 sunlight because of all the big trees!!! Joe is so funny. He really is like that where he can't rest, I am telling you it's the mission that does it. Seems like most boys are like that. I can just imagine him wrapping James neck with the toilet paper! Also, Joe keep warming up with James because I will kick your butt when I play Mario Kart with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You probably won't have as many weeds to pick as you did at home! Dal and I wanted to plant everything for fresh salsa too, but we are in the same boat as Tiff, no sunlight. Dal misses his hair dresser! Just doesn't look the same when he does it himself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I want a garden:):) maybe not tomatoes but something else:):) LOL I am getting so excited to see you, only 3 more weeks

    ReplyDelete