Saturday, March 7, 2015

21 and 2 Months

It's so hard to believe that our sweet Madison is already 2 months old now!  Time has just flown by since she joined our family.  Well, time has really flown by since Brooklynn joined our family too.  I guess watching them grow and change so much in such a short period of time really makes you stop and realize how quickly life passes by.

Brooklynn will be 21 months in just a few days and in my opinion she is at one of the most fun stages. She talks my ear off all day, loves to play peek-a-boo, she can tell me what she wants for lunch and breakfast(almost every time I ask what she wants for breakfast she says "Cheetos" with a big smile.  She knows I'll say "Noooo, we don't eat Cheetos for breakfast!" and she thinks it's funny.  She seems to have a small obsession with Cheetos, even though she doesn't really even get them very often.) She loves greek yogurt, and eggs toast and sausage.  She loves pretty much any fruit, and is obsessed with canned green beans. She also LOVES mexican food.  When we go to a restaurant, she has to have her own little bowl of salsa and chips, and she pretty much drinks the stuff.  She's also a huge fan of beans, especially refried beans.

 She loves when she hears her daddy come in from work.  She'll say "Daddy?!" and take off running into his arms.  He has told me that that is his favorite part of the day.  They always horse around between dinner and bed time.  She loves when he reads her stories, or gives her a ride on "Doggy"-her big stuffed animal, or tickles her till she's about to puke.  Their bond has grown even stronger since Madison joined our family, because I have to be the one to take care of Madison a lot, so Joe is responsible for Brooklynn.

She loves to color and has taken a crayon to our entertainment center and the blinds so far.  Luckily we were able to get it off.  She loves "bubbies" and playing outside.  I'll leave the back door open while she plays outside and she's absolutely in heaven and plays out there by herself for quite a while.  She LOVES playing at the park, and will go down any slide now.  She's not really afraid of heights or anything on the "big kid" side of the park.  It's been so fun to watch her learn how to do new things there.  It's made me realize my little girl isn't really a baby anymore.  She's growing up!

She's still obsessed with Elmo.  Ever since Bob and Sharon hosted the Christmas party in 2013 and had Santa come by and give the kids books, and she got an Elmo one, she has been obsessed with him!  She loves to watch Elmo's World on Sesame Street and that's pretty much all she'll watch from the show, so I just have to fast forward it to that part.  She has a couple Elmo dolls that she keeps close by, and one stays in the car so he can always go places with us.  The grocery store we shop at has big Elmo Pinatas and she loves when we go there!  It's funny because when we go to the store she always seems to see something with Elmo on it.  Whether it's a balloon or a snack bowl, or a sandwich container.  So funny!  She also loves to ride the little merry go round at Food Town.  That's the highlight of her day when we go there!  I love seeing her face light up and the biggest smile ever cross her face.

Brooklynn is the best big sister.  She has never had any sort of jealousy issues towards Madison.  She has never intentionally tried to hurt her, or been rude to her at all.  She loves her so much!  If I go get her out of bed in the morning without Madison in my arms, she always says "Baby?!"  If I do have Madison with me, she'll get a big smile on her face and point and say "Madison!!"

She is the best little helper and will bring me a diaper and wipes and she always wants to climb up on the bed while I change Madison's diaper.  When Madison is crying or even if she's not, but she sees her binki has fallen out, she always tries to put it back in for her.  If Madison is crying then Brooklynn always says "Baby Sad?"  She is so cute!  She loves rubbing Madison's head, and she talks to her in a high baby talk voice that is absolutely adorable.  She'll come up to me when I'm holding Madison and say "hold it" and that means she wants to hold her.  She'll give her big open mouth kisses on her head, and she says "I love Madison."  Melts my heart every time.  Last night I gave them both a bath in my big bathtub(Madison was on her little bath mat) and Brooklynn thought it was the coolest thing ever to have her little sister in the bathtub with her.  I'm so glad that they love each other so much!   The way they look at each other is just the sweetest.  I hope that they will always have a strong bond and be close throughout their lives.

I have been letting Brooklynn help me make dinner at night or dessert on the weekends, and she has gotten so excited about it!  We'll pull over a chair from the kitchen table for her to stand on, and she'll help with whatever she can!  Last night we made Butternut Squash Soup and she loved helping me!  When dinner time rolls around and I ask if she wants to come help me make dinner, she runs over as fast as she can and starts pushing the chair up to the counter.  It's been a time for us to bond, and I've seen her love of being in the kitchen grow just over the past several weeks.  She loves to help with anything and everything she can.

She still says "Mommy, Daddy, Mommy, Daddy" when she is sad or frustrated.  Last week I picked her up from nursery and she had some tears in her eyes and was saying it.  They said she had just been anxiously waiting for one of us to pick her up.  So funny!

When we need to clean up her toys, or any other mess she's made I will tell her it's time to clean up and start singing "Clean up, clean up, everybody everywhere!  Clean up, clean up, everybody do your share." and she chimes right in singing "neam up, neam up"  it's too cute!

Madison has been an angel baby.  I really am so blessed.  The hardest part has probably been that she won't sleep in the bassinet.  She will always wake up just minutes after I put her down.  So, I have been  sleeping downstairs in our room with her in our bed, on Joe's side between two pillows so that she's safe, and Joe has been sleeping upstairs in the guest bed so that he isn't awakened at night and can get the rest he needs to be able to get up and go to work everyday and then come home and help with the kids.  It's what works for us.  She's been waking up every 4 hours or so at night, but she'll go right back to sleep after.  I'm still nursing and doing a bottle.  It takes about 45 minutes per feeding, which can be long.  She's smiling a lot now, and she's just the happiest little baby.  She's loving bath time, and loves to sleep in her swing during the day.  I just love holding her close and just trying to breathe and soak her in.  I know from having Brooklynn, how quickly this stage will pass by, and I want nothing more than to be able to just freeze her this little for a while.  I love that she'll snuggle up on me, that she's so little, and that she smells so good!  I just can't get enough of her.  I think often about the days I had with Brooklynn when she was this age, and how I could just sit and hold her all day long.  I was told to cherish those days because I would never get to do that with my other kids, and I feel like I did cherish them.  It is very true.  I can't do that with Madison.  There is always something to be done having two kids.  I do cherish the time that I have holding Madison every night though after Brooklynn has gone to bed.  That is my time to just sit and snuggle her, along with when Brooklynn naps during the day.  I am just crazy about this little girl, and I couldn't imagine my life without her now.  We all love her so much!



No comments:

Post a Comment