Monday, December 2, 2013

Where has the time gone?!

I've been pretty good about taking pics, and I'm keeping a baby book for Brooklynn, but I feel like I need to be better at journaling and documenting our life with her. These last 7 months have flown by faster than any other time in my life.  I feel like I blink, and another month has already passed.  She's already 7 months old!  I look at pictures of when she was brand new, and I can't believe how much she's grown and changed since then.  I mean, how much have I changed over 7 months?  My hair is longer, I probably have some more wrinkles, ....minor stuff.  She's grown out of 4 sizes of clothes now, she learned how to hold her head up, she can roll over, she's sitting up by herself, she's grasping things, she has 2 teeth, she's eating solids, she's laughing, she's interested in everything that's going on around her, she loves being around other kids, she's pulling my hair out by the handfuls, she's squawking and just learned how to yell, she shows frustration, she lights up when she sees her daddy walk in, she smiles at almost everyone she sees, and she's always watching me. That is a lot of things to learn in just a few short months.  Not to mention her body is constantly growing! It's so amazing!

Brooklynn is one of the happiest babies I have ever seen.  She is constantly smiling.  People are always stopping me wherever I go to tell me how sweet and cute she is.  A woman pulling out beside me the other day while I was buckling Brooklynn in, rolled down her window to tell me how adorable she was.  People seem to be much more friendly now that I have a baby.=)

Brooklynn just started being a little bit bashful every now and then when people talk to her, and it's hilarious!  She will smile super big, and then she buries her head into my neck or chest trying to hide, then she'll look over at the person and do it all over again.  It's so funny to watch.

One of my favorite times of the day is when I get to feed her baby food.  It's so funny to watch her react to the taste, and textures.  She loves pears, apples, prunes, sweet potatoes, squash, and carrots.  She's not a big fan of green beans, peas, and bananas of all things! ( I could eat those even now!  I think they are so yummy!)  She hated the chicken in chicken broth.  I tried it, and that stuff is disgusting!  The texture is HORRIBLE!!  We tried giving her those little puffs and she wasn't a fan of those at all either.  She gagged and shuddered and didn't want anything to do with them after she tried a few.  She still just has her two teeth that popped through when she was 6 months.

She really has no desire to crawl at this point.  If she's sitting up and she falls over, she'll roll onto her belly and then she'll start whining after about 2 minutes.  She just doesn't like tummy time.  She LOVES sitting on the floor with toys and playing.  She'll sit there for quite a while as long as she has something to keep her entertained.  She still loves her little bouncer too! That was one of the best purchases we made, hands down!

It's hard to believe how much we love this little girl.  Joe was just telling me how much he misses her when he's at work.  I can't even imagine having to leave her all day!  It would break me!  Not a day goes by that I don't express appreciation for being able to stay home with her every day.

We are loving this little munchkin more than we ever thought possible!


No comments:

Post a Comment