Saturday, March 20, 2010

Houston Rodeo/Carnival

Two Fridays ago Joe got off of work early and we decided to go to the Rodeo. We planned on going on Saturday, but figured it would be less crowded on Friday. We had so much fun! The rodeo was inside Reliant Stadium, but there was a carnival outside, and a livestock show, and horse show. Here are some pictures of our fun day!
Im on this ride but don't know where. We went on the chair lift and they had these stuffed animals/fruit in one of the chairs=)

This was a ride Joe wanted to go on. You stand up and put your back on these cushioned pads and then the operator in the middle spins this thing round and round and the gravitational pull makes you able to lay almost flat on this thing as it spins. Joe said it was his favorite ride when he was younger. It made me feel so dizzy and sick. Not my favorite ride in the world! Joe loved it though.
Of course you can't pass up the food at the carnival. Joe got a corn dog and later I got a funnel cake that we shared.

We played some games, and won some prizes.

We checked out some animals. We got to watch baby chicks hatching, but I forgot to take a picture. It was so cool. The baby chicks are so cute! It reminded me of the chick and the duck from Friends=) ha ha!
So, Joe has had about a million jobs it seems like. He pointed out that when he used to be a bee catcher he had to wear a suit like this! I wish I could have seen that!=)

The rodeo was so much fun! I got to see things I hadn't seen, like chuck wagon racing and little kids wearing helmets riding sheep! It was so stinkin funny!
This was after the Toby Keith Concert. The carnival was all lit up. Joe blames his Asian genes for not being able to open his eyes at night=)

We had a ton of fun! Thanks for a fun day babe! You are always looking for something fun we can do together, and this was a blast! Love you!

2 comments:

  1. That looks so stinkin fun! Why don't they have fun stuff like that in Utah? Or maybe they do and I just don't know about it. I wonder how many times a day the members of our family get reminded of Friends :)!

    ReplyDelete