Sunday, March 6, 2016

Madison is 16 months and Brooklynn is 23 Months

I  think my heart may have just stopped for a second while typing the title of this post.  My oldest little baby just has one more month left as a two year old!  Make the time stop please!  I swear I just came home with her as a brand new baby just yesterday.

My My, where do I even start!?  I feel like life is just crazy busy these days with these two little girls of ours.  They make me laugh one minute, and the next minute I am ready to rip my hair out and have a meltdown.  =)  . I feel like I clean and do laundry and I turn around and there are twice as many messes as I just finished cleaning up, or twice as much laundry to do, or better yet, the clothes that I just folded have now been unfolded by one of my sweet children. I am constantly breaking up fights these days, and it's enough to drive a woman crazy!  People tell me that "it gets better" and I often find myself thinking about the different stages my children will go through, and I know there are things I will definitely miss from this stage, like the cuddles, the sweet things they say, and their sweet little voices.  I will miss being the one they turn to for every little thing, but then at the same time, I am looking forward to not being needed for EVERY SINGLE LITTLE THING.  I'm ashamed to admit that when my kids push me to my limits, I have been known to sigh and say something like "You guys are driving me nuts!"  Brooklynn will even say now when she knows I'm frustrated "Are we driving you nuts mom?"  or "Madison, you're driving mommy nuts!"  =)  ha ha ha!  Sometimes I just have to verbalize it, and express what I'm feeling.  I'm hoping I can learn to control my tongue better, especially as they get older and will remember the words that come out of my mouth.  Heaven help me!

  I have learned that we do better if we can at least get out of the house to go do something at some point during the day.  Whether that's running an errand, going to the park, or taking the kids somewhere fun like the zoo or the children's museum.  Joe travels about 3.5 days every other week, and that has been a big adjustment for me.  It's so hard not to be totally burnt out by the time he gets home.  I think I'm learning more and more how to do it without complaining though.

What's new with these sweet girls?  Brooklynn talks and sings nonstop.  I need to capture her singing on video, because it seriously is the sweetest thing ever.  She belts songs out at the top of her little lungs and it doesn't phase her if we are in the car, at home, or out in public.  Most of the time she's singing church songs, and I have learned to just let her be, and to share the gospel through song wherever she goes.=)  ha ha!  She also LOVES singing "Let it Go" from FROZEN.

She still loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and her favorite movie is still Frozen.  Her favorite color is pink.  She's got her shapes and colors down pretty well, and now we need to work on numbers and letters.  She is a pro at going potty by herself now, and rarely has accidents, except for some reason she will go pee in the potty, and then she'll still go a drop in her panties.  We are working on stopping that.  She loves riding her bike she got for Christmas, loves going to the park, and loves to help me however and whenever possible.  She is a great listener and is good at following directions and helping.  Every night one of her jobs is to run up to her room and get her jimmies and undies, and Madison's jammies.  She loves to color, paint, play with play dough, read books, and is obsessed with her new purse from Grandma and Grandpa, and her jewelry.  She's been wearing a CTR ring and a cute little heart necklace I bought her from Sam Moon.  She's so cute!  She loves for me to sing to her and to rock her.  She is crazy about Oikos Greek Yogurt, and eats it almost every day for breakfast.  She loves chocolate, and anything sweet.  She loves doing things all by herself.  She gets herself dressed, buckles her seat belt, likes to open her own yogurt, carry her own plate to the table, and is constantly saying "I do it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment