Monday, September 14, 2015

Madison is 8 Months, Brooklyn 28 Months

Ugh, time seriously passes WAY too quickly.  I'm behind this month and playing catch up, trying to remember the things about these sweet girls that have grown or changed, or things they love during this stage of their lives.  I know I have said it before, but they really are growing up so fast!  I feel like I blink and they have grown and changed.  Madison is 8 Months old now and enjoying eating baby food.  She gags almost every time she tries to eat baby puffs or yogurt puffs, but still eats them.  She still doesn't have any teeth.  I love her little gummy smile.  She's getting better at rolling over and sitting up by herself.  She loves Brooklynn so much, and Brooklynn loves her.  I love watching them interact.  A lot of times, right after dinner, before getting in the tub, they will be so giggly and hyper.  I think they are just tired, but during this time they really make each other laugh.  Madison thinks anything Brooklynn does is funny, and I just love watching them together.  Brooklynn will tickle Madison's tummy, or rub her head on Madison's belly, and plays peek-a-boo with her.  She's such a good big sister.  She also plays this game where she says "I see you back there!" in this baby voice to Madison, and Madison just cracks up. Madison also thinks it's hilarious when Brooklynn jumps on the bed and then falls on her booty.  Sometimes I find myself just watching them and laughing to myself.

Brooklynn is super helpful and is so funny.   When I ask her if she'll run grab me a diaper, or wipes, or whatever, she says "Sure!" and runs to get whatever I need.  She helps unload the dishwasher, and is constantly saying "I help, I help!"  She loves to put ice in everyone's cups before dinner, and will say "my turn" when I sweep or dust mop.  She loves to help dump the ajax in the potty when I clean the bathrooms, and she loves to unbutton Madison's pajamas in the morning, and then I will change her diaper and get her ready.  They usually wake up around 7 or 7:30 and they get dressed, eat breakfast, and then depending on the day, we either go to the gym, or they watch Mickey Mouse while I work out at home.  They both love going to the gym care.  Neither of them have ever cried when I have left them, and that has made it really easy for me to go so frequently.  

They both LOVE being in the water, whether it's the splash pad, the pool, or the bath tub.  I'm so glad they love it, because that is how we survive the hot summers here in Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment