Friday, August 24, 2012

New Adventures

This first picture is kind of random but I just had to share because it's so cute and just makes me laugh.  Korver is 2 and Braden is 1, and Korver still asks if he can hold Braden.  It is hilarious!  Braden is a walking boy now and about 2/3 as tall as Korv, and I just laughed out loud because we pretty much had to chase Braden down to lay him on Korver's lap.=)  Korver loves to hold babies and is going to be the best big brother!
 We took the two cutie patooties with us, and Tiff took me to experience my first visit to the new City Creek Center!  Can I just say that I can't believe they built that AFTER I LEFT!!!  I am IN LOVE!!  I'm also a little bitter that all the good stores are finally there after I moved away.  Sephora, H&M, (2 of them!  We finally just got 2 here in Houston so I'm not quite as bitter) Tiffany's....Just sayin'!=)  That place is amazing!!!  We took this pic in H&M to document that we were there!=)
 Not sure why the gal that took the picture cut the boys out of this one.  I LOVE this store!  I mean seriously!  I was first introduced to it when Ashley and I went to California.  What's not to love?  Cute clothes for such a bargain price!  I still wear skirts, and other clothes that I bought from there on my first visit to California.  So, their clothes last too!
 The boys loved the fountains, and watching people.  It's so pretty!!
 I  love this girl!....and these two boys!  It's things like this that I miss the most.
 The guy that took the picture cut the "C"out, but you get the point!=)
 Thanks for taking me Tiff!  It was INCREDIBLE!! Also, just a funny side note.  Tiff drives a Mazda 3, and fitting two babies, two sisters, and two strollers in that thing was almost impossible.  Tiff ended up being a chauffeur to the 3 of us in the back seat so that the stroller could fit up front with her.  That's the only way we could get 2 strollers to fit!  Fun times! I told her she's gonna need a van soon=)

On Thursday night my brother Joseph and Britt's brother, took Joe and me to the Sand Dunes.  I had never been there before but Joseph and Ty go all the time, and everyone else in my family had been (except maybe my parents.)  So, since Joe and I were there for a week, and Joseph has always wanted to take us, we agreed to go for one night with him and experience the Sand Dunes of Utah.  Who would have thought that they even existed? Joseph was sweet to come with us down the provo river, so we decided we needed to be fair and do this with him.  We're so glad we did!

Joseph has a sweet little camper he took, and that night after he got everything set up he pulled out a sheet and a projector and we sat outside and watched "The Office!"  There's a first for everything, right?  It was really cool!
 The next morning, we woke up bright and early and headed out on the 4wheelers.  I had never ridden on one like this, and I think Joe has only gone out one other time with Joseph.  I was a little scared riding with Joe because it made it harder for him to drive with me on the back and I didn't fully trust his abilities.=)  I decided to switch drivers, and ride with Joseph because I knew he was much more experienced, and I didn't feel like dying at the Sand Dunes.=)
This is me with Joe.
I think Joe liked being by himself much better.  No wife yelling in his ear the entire time to slow down and he'd better not kill me!=)
                               
It was a lot of fun to ride with Joseph.  He is a pro, and I didn't feel scared at all that he would flip us.......well, maybe the first time we rolled backwards down a hill I did, but after that I was ok!=)


I kindly stepped off as the passenger so that Joseph could show us some of the crazy things he does!  =)                                      
Joe and Joseph both wanted me to ride one by myself.  I reluctantly agreed, just to humor them!  I never left first gear!=)  ha ha!  I prefer being the passenger much more than the driver.                                        
We went out with a bang!  Joseph took us over to Sand Mountain, and we finished the morning off by going up and down this thing a couple of times.  I rode with Joseph of course!  It took some convincing to get Joe to do it, but he eventually did!  That is one steep mountain of sand!  Fun times!

Thank you so much Joseph!  We really had such a fun time!  If we lived there, we would for sure go for more than just overnight and a few hours.  Thank you hauling everything down there, for the great accommodations, the yummy breakfast, and for being patient with us!  We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment