Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Crafts Cont.


At the end of my post about crafting, I mentioned two other projects I was working on at the time but hadn't finished yet. Here they are!

I got this idea from Serena. She had made something similar, and I loved the idea. I had a black frame with no glass (from having to replace one I broke at Tiff's) and needed something to decorate our bathroom with. I decided to try my hand at making fabric and ribbon flowers, and making my own art piece. It ended up being a lot of fun, and was fairly cheap! Just a little burlap, spray paint, fabric, ribbon, and hot glue! This picture is crooked, but you get the idea.
There wasn't anything above our toilet before so, here's the end result.
I had purchased the picture frame in Utah at Roberts. The little saying is magnetic and can be switched out! Pretty cool! The sconces I found at the dollar store for 2 bucks. They were black so I just spray painted them in an oil rubbed bronze color to match the picture frame. The lighting in our bathroom is bad, so it all looks better in person. It turned out cute though I think.

The next thing I did was an idea from the blog that I love, Decorchick! I got some vases from the dollar store and some candlesticks at Walmart and then filled them with pinecones, leaves, and acorns for fall decoration. I already bought some cute things to put in them for Christmas. They were inexpensive, and will be fun to use all year.

Either Decorchick or Thriftydecorchick copied hurricane candle holders from pottery barn by using things from the dollar store and I loved them too!
I had looked at our Dollar Tree before and they didn't have those vases. While we were in Florida this past weekend I asked Joe to stop and let me run in to see if they had them there! They totally did! Woot Woot! I just put one together real quick to show, but I have several. These will be beautiful centerpieces for Thanksgiving, with some leaves in between the vase and glass candle holder inside. Love that they cost about 6 bucks!
These are the supplies I used. You just glue the vase on to the stand! So easy!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE the crafts!!! You are SO creative! My favorite is the framed flower piece - It's amazing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete