Tuesday, August 16, 2011

SanFrancisco

One of the things I was so excited to do when I found out we were going to California, was to go to San Francisco!!! I had been once before on a business trip when I worked for InterContinental Hotels Group, but it was a short visit and I didn't get to do everything I wanted to. So, one of the first weekends we were there we decided to make the trip. I got so excited when I looked out the window and this was what I saw!
We went to 0ne of the Piers first and we could see Alcatraz. We didn't end up doing a tour of Alcatraz this trip because we thought that was something Bob would like to do when they came to visit. Too bad we didn't end up staying long enough for them to come.
Alcatraz Island
It was SO cold by the water that I had to put on my jacket! When we got into city of San Francisco it got really warm so it was fun to feel such a difference in temperature in just a short distance.
We bought a pass to ride the cable cars and buses and our first stop was China Town.
There were a lot of restaurants and little tourist shops. After walking around for a bit we decided to eat lunch at a restaurant that had this little balcony so we could have a fun view.
This was our view.

After lunch we just ventured out and walked around. This was just a picture of a random church. I love the streets of San Francisco.
We didn't ever ride on outside seats of the cable cars because they were always full. This was our first ride on the cable car together.
After China Town we went to Union Square. One word should come to mind!......SHOPPING!!!=)
The building in the previous picture was this....!!! H&M! Love it! Joe was a good sport and went in and looked with me. He even let me try on a few dresses but I didn't end up loving them on so I didn't buy anything. I didn't want to be selfish so we didn't stay long. That's definitely a girl day trip kinda thing. Too bad we didn't stay long enough to have any girls come visit=(
Pier 39 was a lot of fun! There were tons of little shops and restaurants. They had a store full of things for left handed people. Pretty cool! We walked around and eventually we came back here to eat dinner.
I wanted to go back to San Francisco another day to shop...... Joe wanted to go back and do a sailing trip.
On Pier 39 we were walking around on the second level and I heard all of these seal noises. We turned the corner and sure enough...... there were tons of seals just chillin'.
This is an awful picture of me, but I had to show you all the wonderful bread and treats. They had THE BEST sourdough bread at this bakery. There was an employee out on the streets with a basket full of bread for people to sample. They had restaurants that sold clam chowder in these awesome bread bowls but when I was pregnant clam chowder did not sound good at all. I had been craving broccoli potato cheese soup so we bought some bread bowls to take home and made the soup the next day for dinner. YUM is all I can say!=)
They had the coolest thing set up from the bakery(upstairs) to the restaurant/shop downstairs. They would put the bread in these baskets and they had a line that would take them down to be sold. Pretty cool!
I hadn't been to Ghirardelli Square before so we had to go see it. They had the best looking ice cream sundaes but we were about to go have dinner so we just walked into a few shops and got some free samples=) I love me some chocolate!

We ate dinner at a seafood place and then headed home. We were pooped! There is almost always a fog that sits over the Golden Gate Bridge, and sure enough there it was on our way out.

We had such a fun time. Wish we could have gone back a time or two, but maybe in the future we'll get the chance to. I must say that it was fun to be able to travel a little bit and sight see. Some may think Joe moving from state to state doing jobs would be a hassle, but it was actually a very fun adventure! Now, if we end up in the middle of nowhere on his next job, I may take that back=) ha ha jk!

2 comments:

  1. That looks like it was such a fun trip! Everything looked so delicious! Remember when Mom & Dad went to San Fran and brought us chocolate trains home? I bet they were from the Ghiradelli factory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love San Fran. We should do a girls (sister's) trip there some time. Just saying. Oh ya, and that clam chowder you talked about...TO DIE FOR.

    ReplyDelete