Sunday, February 20, 2011

Valentine's Day

A holiday that I once hated, has now turned into one of my favorite days of the year!=) We didn't do anything extravagant and I don't demand anything huge from Joe. All I ask is that we get one another a card, and something small. While I was at the gym Saturday, Joe went and got a dozen red roses and some white lillies and made his own flower arrangement and had it on the table when I got home. It was SO beautiful!
On Monday he came home with a box of chocolates from Godiva that he had gone to pick out, and a card. I had gotten him some new golfing clothes.... A pair of shorts and a couple shirts. (He's always doing sweet things for me so I wanted to spoil him a little) Earlier he had asked if I wanted to go out or stay home. I didn't really feel like fighting the crowds and we had gone out on Saturday, so I decided to make a candlelit dinner we could enjoy in the comfort of our own apartment=) I don't know why, but when I think of romantic meals, I think Italian. I got some of those refrigerated fettucini noodles and made chicken fettucini alfredo, salad, and garlic bread. I never make that, so it was a treat. It was SO yummy! We turned all the lights off and just ate by the light from the candles and it was really fun! We enjoyed the meal and there was plenty for Joe to make lunches for a few days.
Joe always makes me laugh with the ideas he comes up with. Our friends gave us a bottle of sparkling cider on New Years Eve and we hadn't opened it so we decided to have it for dinner. Joe got out our big ceramic popcorn bowl and draped it with napkins and filled it with ice. Just like you see in the movies=) He was so happy with what he had done that I just busted up laughing! Gotta love him! I must say, it was very romantic.
After dinner we read our cards and then cuddled on the couch to watch tv and enjoy some chocolate covered strawberries. It was nothing extraordinary, but I just loved spending time with my husband and doing things a little out of the norm by eating by candle light. It's so fun to have someone I'm in love with, and to be able to celebrate that love. I'm a lucky girl!

1 comment:

  1. aw!!!! how sweet!!!! I can just picture Joe fixing up your sparkling cider!

    ReplyDelete